I’ve never liked bananas, but I do love them in recipes, especially with chocolate chips! Bananas are a great health food. They are full of potassium, Vitamin B-6, manganese and fiber, benefiting the immune system, providing energy, increasing metabolism and aiding in digestion. This recipe also has the added benefits that walnuts provide through Omega-3s, such as lowering blood pressure and lowering triglycerides.
Here’s my recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread:
- 1 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix sugar, oil, vanilla and egg in a mixer.
- Add in bananas and mix.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until lumps disappear.
- Add in walnuts and chocolate chips and mix on low.
- Pour into generously misted bread pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.