I recently searched the produce section and put together an organic produce Costco price list.
- Organic baby carrots, 5 lb. $5.79, so just $1.16 per lb.
- Organic carrots, 10 lb. $6.99, so just $.69 per lb.
- Organic mixed baby kale, 1.5 lb. $4.99, so just $3.33 per lb.
- Organic spinach, 1 lb. $4.49
- Organic baby spinach, 1 lb. $4.49
- Organic romaine hearts, 6 ct. $4.49
- Organic sliced apples, 48 oz. $7.99
- Organic cherry tomatoes, 2 lb. $6.29, so just $3.15 lb.
Overall, their prices are decent on organic produce. Meijer often has lower prices on organic baby carrots, carrots, kale, spinach and romaine when you combine coupons with sale prices, but for everyday prices Costco comes out well.
Since everything comes in bulk, it can be difficult to use the produce before it expires. Here are some ways to use up Costco’s organic produce:
- Use the carrots and kale in smoothies and freeze
- Blanch and freeze carrots
- Puree and freeze carrots
- Sprinkle the sliced apples with lemon juice and freeze
- Make tomato sauce with the tomatoes and freeze or can
- Cook and freeze the spinach
Costco products can vary per store. Have you found any Costco organic produce not listed above at your local store?