Back when I began experiencing major health problems and I suddenly had to become gluten-free (and sugar-free, dairy-free and just about everything else), I began experimenting with almond meal. I came up with this herb crusted chicken recipe to replace a chicken Parmesan type dish.This dish is packed with flavor, while using healthy ingredients.
Whether you are gluten-free or not, I think you’ll really like this easy herb-crusted chicken recipe. I am no longer gluten-free but this is still one of my favorite recipes to make as a quick dinner or to bring to a new mom or get together.
If you are new to cooking with almond meal, you can pick up a bag cheaply at Trader Joe’s. You can also find it in most health food stores or online here.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup garlic infused olive oil or extra virgin olive oil with 1 tsp garlic salt mixed in
- 1 TB dried oregano
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1 TB dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Mix almond meal, herbs and garlic salt in a small bowl
- Pour garlic olive oil in a small bowl
- Dip the chicken breast in olive oil, both sides
- Then, dip the chicken in the almond meal mix and cover completely
- Repeat with each chicken breast
- Put chicken in an oiled baking pan
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear