My husband hates broccoli. I’ve tried steaming it, baking it, boiling it and smothering cheese all over it, and he still hated it. A couple of weeks ago, we were having “eat what we’ve got” month in our house, where I’ll create recipes using the grocery items we have on hand. I had some frozen broccoli and a bunch of crispy onion cans from Trader Joe’s. I added some other ingredients we had on hand and came up with a new broccoli dish. I expected my husband to hate it like the other ones I had tried (he is a good sport to continue trying my broccoli dishes though!) and he loved it! He even asks that I make it again and looks forward to that more than the meat I cook with it! Let me know what you think of my “eat what we’ve got” concoction!
- 1 bag of frozen organic broccoli
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (I use Bragg Liquid Aminos soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of Trader Joe's garlic infused organic olive oil (you can use 2 TB of olive oil with garlic powder sprinkled in if you don't have the garlic oo)
- 1/2 can crispy onions (I use Trader Joe's brand, they have clean ingredients)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Steam broccoli for 10 minutes on medium
- 2. Combine steamed broccoli with remaining ingredients
- 3. Stir and serve!
Super easy yet super delicious. I’m not much of a veggie fan myself, but I love this dish.