We’ve been trying to eat less meat and make more vegetarian dishes (well, I have and my husband kindly goes along with it). This is a great dish as it’s high in protein and very filling. Quinoa is also high in fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium and lysine. It’s very simple to make and tasty!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 TB Trader Joe's garlic infused organic extra virgin olive oil (regular olive oil will work, just add extra garlic powder)
- 1/2 bottle salsa
- 1 can beans, drained (chickpeas, black beans, any bean will work)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Bring quinoa, broth and olive oil to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Add salsa, beans and a dash of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium-low, uncovered, for 5 minutes until heated through.