A good friend and I went berry picking the other day so I was excited to come up with a sugar-free jam recipe for the berries we picked. Most jam recipes are packed with sugar. This recipe is still sweet, but has no added sugar. As with all of my recipes, it’s pretty easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups of juice (apple, grape or other juice)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia extract
- 1 (or 1 3/4 oz) package of no sugar pectin
- 3 cups of finely chopped fresh strawberries (chopped or pulsed in a food processor).
- Stir juice, lemon juice, stevia and pectin in a saucepan until pectin is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture boils, remove from heat.
- Stir in strawberries and stir until well mixed (about a minute)
- Pour into glass jam jars.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a year