Every once in awhile in our house, we have “Eat What Ya Got Week.” Usually it’s quite boring, with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and always some sort of dish with canned tomatoes. This past round, I had a bunch of gravy I had stocked up on from a Whole Foods sale and sour cream. I also had some frozen meatballs I had made in batches earlier in the month. I threw it into the crockpot and hoped for the best. It was super easy and actually tasted quite amazing! You couldn’t tell that it wasn’t a homemade Swedish meatball sauce.
If you are in need of a quick, delicious dinner, try this “Easiest Swedish Meatball Recipe Ever” with just 3 ingredients!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs fully cooked frozen meatballs (store bought or homemade, thawed is fine, too, just adjust your cooking time)16 oz. Vegan Gourmet Sour Cream alternative (regular sour cream should be fine, we just happen to be dairy-free in our house)
- 16 oz. Imagine organic Savory Beef gravy (other brands should work fine)
- Add gravy and meatballs to crockpot
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1-1 1/2 hours (less time if working with thawed meatballs)
- Add sour cream, stir and cook on low for 30 minutes
- Serve over noodles or rice
Done! Super easy and now one of our favorite go to meals. Feel free to add mushrooms, onions, a dash of Worcestershire sauce or garlic, but it’s not necessary as this recipe is pretty great as is.